RESEARCH SPOTLIGHT: Sidnei Epelman, M.D.
Dr. Sidnei Epelman
Director, Pediatric Oncology Department, Santa Marcelina Hospital
Founder and President, TUCCA Association for Children and Adolescents with Cancer http://www.tucca.org.br/
President, INCTR Brasil http://www.inctr.org/
- Where are you from?/Where did you study?
Brazil, São Paulo
- What are you researching right now?
Improving cure rates in children with cancer in Brazil
- Who is your all-time favorite scientist and why?
Sigmund Freud. He explored the human mind more thoroughly than any other who became before him.
- What do you like to do in your spare time?
Go to the beach and Stand up paddle boarding
- Favorite food?
- Why science?
Deal with people.
- Who/What has inspired you to work on DIPG?
It is a constant challenge.
- What are you reading right now?
Jews and Words (Amós Oz)
- If you could give one piece of advice to someone considering a research career, what would it be?
To be persistent